Yes, you are required to apply for a deemed export license. Under the sanctions imposed by the U.S. Government, any export which includes transfers of technology to foreign nationals requires a license to organizations on the Entity List. Because the Indian foreign national is still employed by the organization that is on the Entity List, a technology transfer to him or her is considered a technology transfer to the employer organization. Note that the sanctions apply to any technology subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).





© BIS 2019